BMA 450™ has been specially engineered for the treatment of both produced and process water/wastewater generated by Upstream oil and gas exploration and Downstream refining and petrochemical production. The specially blended consortium of microbial cultures and fungi are excellent at breaking down and degrading alkanes, BTEX, DRO, phenol, polynuclear aromatics/polyaromatics, sulfides, alcohols, aliphatic hydrocarbons, TPH, complex HC, hard COD, other solvents and hydrocarbon type waste.
Upstream and Downstream Biological Wastewater Treatment
The produced water from upstream oil and gas exploration and process water from downstream refining and petrochemical production, contain elevated levels of contaminants from production chemicals and unrecoverable hydrocarbons. To ensure that groundwater and freshwater sources are not contaminated by the wastewater generated in both upstream and downstream oil and gas production, operators must adhere to strict environmental regulations before the discharge or reuse of the produced water and process water. Operators and refineries typically rely on bacterial wastewater treatment products, which have altered little over the past few decades.
The vast majority of conventional wastewater treatment products used within upstream and downstream production contain two to three strains of bacteria and a nutrient package, which have very little to no immediate effect on complex hydrocarbons and various chemicals contained within the wastewater. BMA Biotech has developed BMA 450™, which is a new bacterial wastewater treatment product that is excellent at breaking down and degrading complex hydrocarbons and chemicals. BMA 450™ treatment times are faster than conventional products, which significantly reduces operational costs, and is also very sustainable.
BMA 450™ Upstream and Downstream Wastewater Treatment
BMA Biotech have engineered a specially formulated microbial treatment solution, with the customer in mind. We have combined a large selection of bacterial strains and fungi, which are excellent at breaking down and degrading complex hydrocarbons, alkanes, BTEX, DRO, phenol, polynuclear aromatics/polyaromatics, sulfides, alcohols, aliphatic hydrocarbons, TPH, hard COD, other solvents and hydrocarbon type waste.
Key Features and Advantages of BMA 450™
- BMA 450™ is effective in salinity contents ranging from 1-10%.
- Performs within a broad temperature from 4°C up to 35°C 39 (39oF – 102oF).
- Can degrade a wide range of alkyl, aromatic and substituted hydrocarbons.
- Utilizes a wide variety of alkanes, a type of hydrocarbon in its metabolic process as its source of energy to break down oil into harmless compounds.
- The bacteria cultures in BMA 450™ produce a bio-surfactant.
- Effective for the treatment of wastewaters containing large amounts of aromatics (e.g., COD >50,000 mg/l).
- Improves maximum rates of organic removal as measured by BOD, COD, and TOC.
- Provides higher bacterial growth to improve stability in response to organic overloads.
- Reduces toxicity to autotrophic nitrifiers to allow the initiation and maintenance of high rates of biological ammonia removal in wastewater applications
- Provides the ability to degrade a broad spectrum of recalcitrant industrial chemicals.
- Improves the waste treatment system stability.
- Enhances flocculation in activated sludge.
- Facilitates rapid recovery from load-related shock caused by high COD loading and flows as well as toxic upsets.
- Reduces the impact of production increases or changes in effluent quality.
- Enables more rapid plant, seasonal, or maintenance start-up.