BMA 400™ is a newly formulated in situ microbial soil remediation product, which has been engineered to break down and degrade alkanes, BTEX, DRO, phenol, polynuclear aromatics/polyaromatics, sulfides, alcohols, aliphatic hydrocarbons, TPH, complex HC, hard COD, other solvents and hydrocarbon type contamination.
Soil Remediation – Oil Spill Clean Up
In the event of an oil spill on land from either a ruptured pipeline or storage tank, overturned oil tankers, or road surface runoff it is vital that the source of the spill is contained to prevent large volumes of oil being absorbed into the surrounding soil. All pollutants in the soil must be cleaned up as quickly as possible to prevent the contamination from destroying plant and animal eco-systems within the immediate vicinity. The key to a successful remediation program relies on a dedicated team with the right expertise to undertake the cleanup, with the most efficient biological treatment product which is sustainable and robust enough to break down and degrade complex HC. The vast majority of conventional biological products deployed in both in-situ and ex-situ remediation operations contain many compounds which add little or no benefit to cleaning up the oil contamination.
BMA Biotech has developed BMA 400™ which is a newly engineered soil remediation product that combines active bacteria and fungi that are able to break down and degrade alkanes, BTEX, DRO, phenol, polynuclear aromatics/polyaromatics, sulfides, alcohols, aliphatic hydrocarbons, TPH, complex HC, hard COD, other solvents and hydrocarbon type contamination.
BMA 400™ Soil Remediation Product
BMA 400™ has been specially formulated with a select consortium of microbial cultures and fungi to aid in the rapid cleaning of soil contaminated with crude oil and petrochemicals.BMA 400™ has individually selected natural bacteria and fungi, which are excellent at degrading alkanes, BTEX, DRO, phenol, polynuclear aromatics/polyaromatics, sulfides, alcohols, aliphatic hydrocarbons, TPH, complex HC, hard COD and other solvent and hydrocarbon type contamination.
Key Features and Advantages of BMA 400™
- Effective in salinity ranging from 1-10%.
- Performs in temperatures ranging from 4°C to 35°C (39oF – 102oF).
- Can degrade a wide range of alkyl, aromatic and substituted hydrocarbons.
- Utilizes a wide variety of alkanes, a type of hydrocarbon in its metabolic process as its source of energy to break down oil into harmless compounds.
- The bacteria cultures in BMA 400™ produce a bio-surfactant.
- Effective for environmental remediation containing large amounts of aromatics in land remediation projects (eg TPH >50,000 mg/kg).
- Provides higher bacterial growth to improve stability in response to organic overloads.
- Provides the ability to degrade a wide spectrum of recalcitrant industrial chemicals.
- Facilitates rapid recovery from load-related shock caused by high COD loading and flows as well as toxic upsets.
- Reduces the impact of production increases or changes in effluent quality.
- Enables more rapid plant, seasonal, or maintenance start-up.